Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Whozzat?

Life, work and where I've been for the past 6 months.

For everyone who didn't know, last fall my wife gave birth to our second daughter. Elinor's a beautiful, bouncing baby girl, healthy and sweet. Everyone with children will understand when I say that posting, local social events and just 'hanging out' all walls to the wayside when you bring a new child into the world. And we wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China.

Now, over the next few months, when El's schedule starts to normalize, I hope to get back in the saddle and start throwing my musings, reasonings and ramblings back up here, with the hope that some day my children can learn from our experiences. Hell, they'll make enough mistakes on their own. If they can avoid the ones that my company and I have made, then they're going to be ahead of the game.

One last question: wouldn't it be better to invest $2.6B in paying for non-recurring healthy food to all Floridians for the next 2 years rather than a light rail connecting various central Florida cities? Assumptions: equivalent short-term job creation, equivalent long-term health benefits, lower structural industry change in ag. solution vs. rail solution. Discuss.

Later-
Shawn

No comments: